Thursday, August 26, 2010

High Maintenance Love

I am in this season of change. I am moving closer to being the girl God wants me to be and it's the hardest thing ever, laying down the baggage of the past and picking up the habits of the King. I don't know if you know this or not but God is high maintenance! Loving Him is hard work...but it's also the best 'work' I have ever done. I don't know how I went so long without that personal relationship with him. I can't imagine not talking with Him daily anymore.



The other day, I was reading in Psalms and I came a cross a verse which just matched how I was feeling. I was surprise and pleased...He knew how I was going to feel on this day way in advance. He prepared my eyes to see this verse in this one moment. I felt like He was waiting for me. I often feel like He is waiting for me. In the past, I have felt guilty for this, Especially when He has to tell me something many times (many many many times). Now I just feel loved.



While God may be high maintenance and require an effort to know him on our part, He also love us with a High maintenance love. He loves us beyond our screw ups and mess ups. He loves us even without us loving him. He will bring together all of humanity and time to win the heart of one of his children. He constantly waits for us because he has prepared the steps ahead for us. He nudges or provokes us until we are in the one spot where he can reach us. While he is ahead preparing our way to him, he is also walking beside us in our journey.



It's the Highest Maintenance Love that can be found. It was there before our world was created and will be there always. I am so grateful for it. I never want to stop being surprised and pleased by His Love.

"We’re ready to study God, eager for God-knowledge. As sure as dawn breaks, so sure is his daily arrival. He comes as rain comes, as spring rain refreshing the ground.” Hosea 6:3

No comments:

Post a Comment