Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bragging on Jesus

I just wanted to share how fabulous my Sunday was and it really was all because of Jesus. I am so broken right now, emotionally, spiritually, physically; I am just spent from the last several months and add Kids Camp last week, you can add exhaustion and an twisted knee. I wouldn't have gotten through today without Jesus on my side or rather one step ahead of me.
Here is a list of how I saw him move:


1. Slept in until 9:25 but managed to make it to church by 9:45, before parents and kids.
2. My 2 volunteers at the 10 o'clock service were early.
3. I had an extra volunteer show up which was greatly needed with 5 kids and one of our girls was off her meds.
4. The girl off her meds had a good morning, without major meltdowns.
5. The parent volunteer who starting helping in the class was amazing and is willing to help again.
6. We had the best giggles and when it was time to leave, one of our kids goes "I want to stay here forever."
7. The new volunteer starting at the 11:30 service, showed up 30mins early, walked in and without needing much directions, starting playing with kids, no hesitation or fear.
8. The new volunteer managed to get one of our most challenging kids to play with him. This kid usually plays only by himself, we have not been able to get him to engage easily and many times when he does, the play turns destructive. Not today.
9. This kid finally made it all the way through worship. Kids worship is only 3 songs but he has not been able to stay in the room for the whole time. This has been a 5 month long process which today we had success.
10. This kid also made it through story time without losing it.
11. We were finally able to transition one of our kids into the 3s classroom without a problem for the first time. I was even able to leave after 30mins and then got a 25min break to be able to chat and talk with friends.
12. I was watching one of our kids who never smiles, crack a smile and when I pointed it out to his mom that he was smiling, instead of stopping and denying he was smiling like he would normally do, he cracks up giggling. As he left, we heard the whole family laughing down the hall. It was a great moment.

OK as I am writing this I am shaking my head because even I don't believe this list...but it goes on.

13. I had one of my favorite volunteers and my dear friend show up to say hi. She is taking a 6 month break which may turn out to be a permanent break and the Lord is preparing my heart for what my head already knows. I was so excited to see her. I hugged her and started crying, then she starting crying. Her husband had to walk down the hallway because we were making a fool of ourselves. But it was fabulous.
14. I heard a major praise report from a parent and I am so thankful to hear a prayer answered in a big way from the Lord.
15. The new volunteer asked if he could come back every Sunday.
16. The new (most amazing) volunteer offered to take over vacuuming my classroom every week.
17. The new (super most amazing) volunteer insisted on helping me unload my car from all the camp stuff.
18. The new (gift from God super most amazing) volunteer on the second trip from unloading my car from all the camp stuff, told me "Thanks for letting me serve. I have a servant's heart and it's great to have the opportunity."

Seriously, I am not making this up. It will probably go on "the top 10 moments of my ministry time" list and it goes on.

19. Susan Boucard had a word for me that was tremendous. Thank you.
20. Caroline Foster lead evening worship. Caroline never leads evening worship. It was amazing and I am pretty sure she was there just for me.
21. MaryAnn Cates...need I say more.
22. I received two unexpected Thank yous. They are always nice to hear.

This was truly the most incredible day from my most incredible Savior. To add to all of this, I had a good hair day and managed a nap. I just wanted to share and brag on Jesus a little.

Love Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment