Sunday, January 23, 2011

Snow Globes and Tears

I have laughed really hard this last several days. There has been some knee slapping going on (both figuratively and actually). Funny people in my life this weekend: Kurt Harlow (addddddddd), Maryann Cates (you know why!), Jamie Johns (the Liz Lemon of Everett), my mom (who cuts with paper...yeah that's right she does) and Betty White (she will always make me laugh).

I have also had 3 days of tears...I feel like God just took me and shook me like a snow globe...not just a little bit of shake either, where he just shook it back and forth, made all the snow just go up and fall back down in the exact same spot. No, pretty much He turned me up side down in figure 8 motion until ever little bit of me has fallen into a different spot...

I am grateful He's a God who shakes things up. He knows what's underneath that needs to be uncovered. Sometimes though, it takes a while to process all the beauty in it.

I am not an out loud processor. I wish I was because in many ways that would be so much easier. But I am not. I will take this in, the laughter and the tears and the snow globe movement. Sigh...I am not sure I know what to do with it but...

I always liked snow globes. They are so pretty and sparkly.

No comments:

Post a Comment