Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Look back, Look forward, Carry on

Oh, my sweet little blog! How I have missed you. We have had computer...issues, shall we say. Finally things are on the up and up for the home computers. I am excited to have my little voice back. Having been surving on my iphone for the past 3 weeks, I have realised I don't like blogging on my phone. I have done it but I like the look of the computer screen and the feel of the keyboard to be the voice to my written words.


Can I say I found everything in 2010 difficult? I am so tired of 2010. I am glad it's in the past and I am going to start out liking 2011 just on the principal that it's not 2010. Starting a new year. Do I think things will magically be easier? Not really. Do I want to forget the past year? No, not really either. I am just ready to trust in the hope my Lord has provided and deal with new problems. What a great attitude to start the year with? "Deal with new problems." Let me go back to that first statement "trust in the hope my Lord has provided." Let's just pretend I didn't say that latter part. Ok? Ok.

So...to honor the new year...let me look back at my favorite verse of 2010 and look forward to a verse the Lord keeps putting in my path:


My favorite verse 2010:
"Friends, when life gets really difficult, don't jump to the conclusion that God isn't on the job. Instead, be glad that you are in the very thick of what Christ experienced. This is a spiritual refining process, with glory just around the corner." 1 Peter 4:12-13


God's glory is magnificent and the #1 lesson I have learned this last year is that God's Glory is totally worth the difficulties and bumps of this world. It's greater than my tears and my heartbreaks. It should be my fuel in times when I am in the fire...Maybe 2010 isn't all bad because that is a great lesson to have in my arsenal. Just looking back on my journal and blog (see Swimming in Liquid Glory) from the time I have spent on this verse makes me look forward to the trials of the next year.

...which leads me to the verse that has resonated in my heart these first few days of 2011:


"I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world." John 16:33


I read this and I just sigh...with contentment...with anxiety...with heartbreak...with dream lust in my eyes...with a renewed hope in Jesus' veracity...


This has been my journal entry every other night for the last week and a half. Tonight I just want to focus on the strength of Jesus' words. We (us humanites) have been trying to conquer the world since the very begining but here is the one man who accomplished it and he offers me peace. I am going to take it up and carry it with me all of 2011...

Carry on friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment